C4098 Pauline Ln., Stratford, WI 54484
From candidate website
Bob never intended to have a career in politics. His experience comes from the real world, starting in 1985 when he founded Kulp's of Stratford, a roofing company that helps residential and commercial clients across Wisconsin and the Upper Midwest. He went on to start (and still owns) three more companies: Marathon Metals LLC, Kulp Energy Solutions LLC and Kulp Real Properties LLC, employing more than 40 people with good-paying jobs.
He believes in energy independence and invests in practical alternative energy solutions to help consumers save money and energy. His roofing company, Kulp’s of Stratford was one of the first roofing companies in the state to install solar roof panels. Bob also is leading area efforts to promote compressed natural gas (CNG) as an alternative to gasoline and diesel fuel.
While work is important to Kulp, he enjoys spending time with Laura, his wife of 28 years, their seven children and three grandchildren. They, along with his strong faith, keep him grounded and focused on making a difference in the lives of people.
The following are a list of Bob's accomplishments:
- Building four local companies
- Kulp’s of Stratford, LLC
- Marathon Metals, LLC
- Kulp Energy Solutions, LLC
- Kulp Real Properties, LLC
- Elected Vice President – National Roofing Contractors Association
- Asked to serve as a member of the U.S. Small Business Administration Regulatory Fairness Board
- Advocate of alternative energy
- Solar – roofing
- Compressed Natural Gas – transportation
- Recipient of The Wausau Region Chamber of Commerce “Small Business of the Year Award”, 2012 (Kulp’s of Stratford LLC)
Bob is also active in local organizations in and outside of the construction industry. He is an ambassador for the Wausau Region Chamber, a member of the Marshfield Rotary, and a former board member of the Stratford Chamber of Commerce. In addition, he serves on the board of the Wausau Area Builders Association as Chairman of the Government Affairs Committee.