735 Fairway Dr., Sheboygan, WI 53081
From candidate website
Rebecca has worked in natural resource management and environmental education for over 20 years. She was the park naturalist for the city of Sheboygan for 10 years, where she engaged with thousands of school children, parents and teachers from our district and beyond.
Rebecca will work to stop the cycle of "Tax and Government Give Away" of the last seven years. We all pay taxes to the state for services like roads and schools, only to be told, "There’s no money" to properly fund these services. In Sheboygan County, this means that we’ve held three school referenda and raised our county sales tax to repair local roads.
Even though many of us still struggle, the Walker administration found $3 billion for an out-of-state corporation, and another $7 million to “recruit workers” to move here. Wisconsin cannot continue this race to the bottom.
Rebecca will work with businesses big and small, to create a diverse economy with family-supporting jobs. We can protect our natural resources for our children’s future while creating a thriving economy. Rebecca plans to do just that.
Rebecca has volunteered on the following local organizations:
- Glacial Lakes Conservancy
- Sheboygan’s Sustainability Task Force
- Sheboygan County Deer Advisory Council as the urban representative
- Goodside Grocery Cooperative Board of Directors
Rebecca has also volunteered for statewide organizations.
- Instructor for the DNR’s Volunteer Master Naturalist Program.
- Past board member of the Wisconsin Association for Environmental Education, where in partnership with the Wisconsin League of Conservation Voters and state representatives, the Wisconsin Children’s Outdoor Heritage Resolution was passed in 2015.
- Co-chair of the 2015 Midwest Environmental Education Conference in Madison.